let questions be unanswered



I am not good or bad. I am not happy or sad. I am not just one thing throughout life. Even though my brain enjoys answers, categories, and defining something as one knowable thing, I am constantly redefining who I am. So we can ask ourselves over and over again questions like: 

How do I like to feel? What makes me feel that way? How can I get more of that? 

What interests me? What’s important to me? How do I feel now?...How do I feel now? Can I get curious about even the weird feelings?

I’ve been experimenting with just letting questions like these hang, unanswered. It’s really a very fascinating feeling. Generally, I think we consider this feeling uncomfortable so we jump to conclusions or accept the first potential answer that appears. But what if we could get comfortable and curious about even that feeling of not knowing? Then we might ask more questions, we might dream bigger, we might set our imaginations free.

The weird part is to consider that the people and events we see showing up in our lives are answers to questions we asked. The way we interact with the world around us is like a dance or a conversation of asking and coming together. We send out the question, the universe responds. Sometimes it takes months or years, but experiences and pieces come together to reveal that we have been the creators all along. All we have to do is ask. 

Comments

Popular Posts